Saturday, August 22, 2009

a foxtrot above my head

I'm still groggy. Going to bed late and waking up late does that to me.

I have my registration tomorrow. Yup. It's that soon. Everything seems so final, y'know? Like at 8.00 tomorrow morning the rest of my life is pretty much set for me. I still don't know if this is what I want. But then again I'm not really sure about anything (ever) so I figured I should just go into it whole heartedly.

How cool would it be to be a witch doctor? =p The Princess and the Frog is coming out later this year. In December, me thinks. I can't wait. Disney hasn't come up with a princess movie in ages. Then next year there's Rapunzel to look forward too. I downloaded a copy of the Grimm's Fairy Tales. Apparently it's a direct translation of the original but blah... it's boring. I always imagined (somewhat romantically... and stupidly) that it would be sort of darker... creepier, maybe. It's not.

I really want to find a book of fairy tales like that described in John Connolly's The Book of Lost Things. Where the princess is captured by a warlock and made to dance for him every night until she dies. Only she comes back as a ghost and haunts him till he kills himself. That's even better than The Twelve Dancing Princesses, which was my favourite story when I was younger.

What happened to Linda Bergkvist? When is she going to publish her book?

No comments: