Saturday, January 10, 2009

'cause we all just wanna be big rock stars

Is it very juvenile to colour a Disney cartoon character at my age? It's just that Hades is so absolutely adorable and I had had HAD to have a picture of him. So I spent like, 2 hours drawing and then another 2ish, colouring. It was very satisfying. I haven't had so much fun since I first discovered devianart.

After the whole Hades obsession culminated at the point where I practically turned my whole house upside down looking for a set of colour pencils, I decided it was about time I rewatched Hercules. And honestly, it never occurred to me before that the Hades portrayed by Disney is blatant mischaracterization of the real Hades. Firstly, Hades is NOT evil. Ruler of the Underworld, yes. But that just means he's somewhat melancholy and grim. And aside from that, if Hades were really about to wage war with someone like Herc, there is no way he would lose. Obviously.

Anyway, I just got to thinking... Disney should have written a song for him to sing. Judge Frollo gets to belt out his tune in Hunchback, Hades should be given the same opportunity because let's face it, you can't help but love any villainous-type that sings his heart out. I mean, how else does one explain Marilyn Manson's extremely large fan base?

No comments: